Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Egg Decorating



You probably saw these on Martha Stewart as I did...she made hers out of REAL eggs. I'm not gonna go to that extent, I decorated the plastic one's. I let the kids choose the colors and draw the eyes. And, as we were making them, my younger child started playing with the eggs and they were eating my scraps of felt. So, we decided to make some carrots out of my left overs! For preschool we then played, "Carrot, carrot, who's got the carrot?!" We'd send 1 child out of the room, while the rest of us picked which bunny would hold the carrots. The 1 child was then invited back into the room while we chanted our little song. They would then go about opening 1 bunny egg at a time to find the carrots. It was a HIT!

There are templates on Martha Stewart.com, but I didn't use them. They are pretty self explanatory...and I hot glued the pieces on - it was MUCH easier that way.

No comments: