
My boys have the best daddy. He had in his mind that he wanted to build them a boat bed. So, he did. (Sorry, no tutorial for the bed!) The sails on the boat really go up and down. There is a flag hoist, so my boys make flags now and again to hoist at bedtime. We of course have buried treasure maps, and plastic bottles to throw overboard with maps inside. Tons of pirate hats, swords, hand hooks, eye patches, buried treasure, etc.
.jpg)
The rest of their room is obviously centered around a boating theme. I didn't want to do pirates, because I wanted it to be a happy place (my youngest is still young enough to be scared of things).
Have any awesome ideas to add to this room? I was going to do a banner with all different marine flags...but haven't gotten around to that one yet. I would love to hear your ideas!




10 comments:
That is a beautiful bed!!!! I am so impressed. Do they both sleep in it, or is it a twin? I love all the finishing touches you added to pull the room together. Great job!
Um, WOW!!! That room is amazing! I love it! You both are SO talented! You could always add an old world map to the wall or something...
Can I come play?? ....seriuosly...Tell your boys Ill be by later.
How cool is that?! I bet they have so much fun in that room. One of these days I would love to see it in person.
An idea to add to this room? Is it my kid right?, lol... I am sure he'll love it there!
OH MY GOODNESS- it is AMAZING. WOW. That's all I can say.
I want to move in- please?
Can I ask where you purchased your life preserver thingy! Is that what it's called! I have been trying to slowly collect these exact things for my little boys room, but am slow to get a lot of them!! let me know where you had luck!
out of control, amazing, dream land, I absolutely have never seen anything so cool - you put pottery barn to shame!! I love it so mucho! Emily where did you say you lived? I need to come see it in real life!! you are wonderful and I love reading your blog and seeing your ideas!
That bed is amazing! What lucky boys! And I was all proud of the new sheets the kids got for Christmas . . . :)
I found really cute pirate sheets at TJ Max. They are Olive Kids brand, and the pirates aren't scary at all. The boys wanted pirates, but like you, I didn't want any of the scary kind. Anyway, that room is a boy's dream! Great job!
That is fantastic!! You should post pics of the inside of the boat! I'd love to see more details to the boat... (so I can show my carpenter hubby) If i'm lucky maybe he'll pull a "if he can do it so canI" and then I can get one too!!
Post a Comment