Monday, October 13, 2008

Halloween Decorations

Candy Corns: So fun for the kids. Just small pieces of wood, in a triangle shape, painted to look like a candy corn. We just sprinkle them around the tables here and there.



Sign and Banner: My banner was way simple, just felt with the ricrac. Pinking sheared the felt, sewed them together, wala. "happy haunting" sign: Vinyl characters, but to add a touch of color, I used my 'chalks' for card making. It worked really well! I just chalked their clothes, or whatever areas I wanted some color. I then just did a coat of shellac over the top.


Caution Sign: Gathered old barnwood. Stenciled on my sayings with paint. Screwed the barnwood into...more barnwood, put a stake on the bottom so I can pound it in the ground near my front door.


Spider: Vinyl spider. I found the clipart online google search. I have young kids, so I put it beneath my lightswitches. They think it's kind of fun to see a playful spider saying "boo" for a few weeks...

2 comments:

Becky said...

You rock! I love the spiders! i also love the happy haunting sign. The colors on it turned out sooo darling! Great ideas! How did you get small triangle wood? Let me guess... you cut it!

Brigg and Dianne said...

You have such great ideas!!! I'll be checking back again!