Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birthday Chart



I gave this to my mom (the grandma) last year. It's a fun way to keep track of all the extended family members birthdays. Her home has a lot of wood, so I wanted it to blend with her decor. You could make this really fun and colorful instead.

What you need:
1. Everyone's birthdays.
2. 1 piece of large wood to hang from and put the months on.
3. Many small pieces of wood to put the names on. Mine are 2" wide.
4. Hooks: Find at Home Depot. 5/8" "Hooks & Eyes". Good luck finding anything besides brass. Place a hook on top, and a hook on bottom, that way you can add family members anywhere in the line whenever new members marry in, or are born!
5. Lettering: Of course, I used vinyl again, but you could just handwrite the names.

TIP: While you're making this, make lots of EXTRA small woods. Then, when you need to add someone new, you will have it all ready to go!

TIP 2: You could color coordinate for families. I just did blue for boys, green for girls, but you COULD give each family a different color. In that I have 7 siblings, I opted NOT for this option. :)

3 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Oh, one of my favorites so far! I have wanted one of these for months and keep forgetting about this one! Best way to remember birthday in my world... I need lots of visuals!! Thanks!!

Nunes Family said...

Hi Emily, I love that you posted about your birthday board for everyone. My sis in-law and me are going to be making one of these for our mother in-law. I was wondering if you would mind. Letting me know what size board you made it with, and the size of your vinyl letters for the names and the Months on your board. Thanks a bunch! you can email me if you would like britani_nunes@yahoo.com

Britani

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

what a fabulous idea !